Author Topic: TTDS v1.08 menu [Feb.1th 2008]  (Read 83302 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
TTDS v1.08 menu [Feb.1th 2008]
« on: February 03, 2008, 01:29:56 AM »
  * Upgrade cheat code library, up to 1981
  * Support the menu sleep function
  * Support use L to adjust the brightness in the menu

1.08 english version download:
http://www.neoflash.com/download/TTDS_English_Driver_V1.08.rar

1.08 chinese version download:
http://www.neoflash.com/download/TTDS_Chinese_Simplified_Driver_V1.08.rar
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline novanoxkp

Re: TTDS v1.08 menu [Feb.1th 2008]
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 06:16:17 PM »
Anyone have problem with the new menu?

When i use the v1.08 menu, some of the fonts on screen doesn't show.

Also, is the korean font only for the menu system, or would it work if i have a rom named in korean

Offline Northernbloke

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 07:16:35 PM »
Only problem I have with the menu is the fact that it still can't sort the games into any sort of logical order (alphabetically) - you have to try and rename them to something that makes sense and then re-install them to the card every time you add/remove a game.

I can't be bothered doing that so I bought a CycloneDS Evolution to try - A little bit more expensive but certainly the cartridge itself is a much better build quality - I've not used TTDS since although I still have my TTDS cartridge and I do hope NEO eventually comes up with a decent menu system - I love the menu on the Cyclone - doesn't matter what the rom is named as on the card it reads all the roms it finds and displays an icon for the game plus a full title (I believe it reads this info from the Rom Header) - AND all in alphabetical order.

Please NEO team do something to improve the Menu system on TTDS
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 07:19:58 PM by Northernbloke »

Offline dropkick01

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 03:15:04 AM »
you got a CYCLONEds eh?  good luck with that.  i'm sure team Cyclone is glad to have your business.  nothing like spending twice as much to be able to sort your roms!  (which you can do with the DSTT, by the way).

Offline A4NoIb

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 11:36:44 AM »
The TTDS menu is disfunctional !? well that's a first...

If you have a problem with the way 20 roms are put together then go to a doctor and get a prescription for OCD.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 11:40:29 AM by A4NoIb »

Offline spaceshipv

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 12:02:48 PM »
Nothing like buying the right item the first time, which is not what happened when I clicked the ic2005.com link on maxconsole.com.

Super Card DS, Clyclone Ds Have something in common   They work out of the box.    So if you spend the extra money you have a working unit.    If you buy this or R6 you have complete ****.   Reformat and copy every time indeed.

February firsth.     only 0 and 1th exists in this funny mans world

Offline cdaters

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 02:29:55 PM »
you got a CYCLONEds eh?  good luck with that.  i'm sure team Cyclone is glad to have your business.  nothing like spending twice as much to be able to sort your roms!  (which you can do with the DSTT, by the way).

Can you tell us how to sort the menu then? I have had the TTDS for a few weeks now, and the only way I can do this is to move everything to a new directory on the TF card, start it up on the DS, now it is in reverse order. Shut down the DS, move back into regular rom folder, start back up, now everything is in correct Alpha order.

There is no built-in command, or function, that I can see which will do this automatically. I am using version 1.08.

There is also no DLDI available for the TTDS for patching homwbrew that does not AutoPatch, which is equally frustrating. I have tried every other cart DLDI out there to see if any of them will work for the TTDS...nada, none of them work. Several emails to TT's contact email address have gone unanswered. 'Course I am new to DS hacking/homebrew, perhaps the email on there site is only for show, I don't know.

Offline mansweat

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 09:17:22 PM »
it's a small hassle, but i find that my ttds displays what i have put on the card in the order i put my homebrews on there. so just copy all your current ttds files into a folder on your desktop and then 'sort by name'.... next format your memory card and then you can cut and paste your new alphabetically sorted apps onto your card. 

Offline cdaters

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 11:14:57 PM »
Hey mansweat,

You don't even have to format your card....

• Copy your ROM's folder from your microSD to your desktop.
  • While the microSD card is in your PC, delete the ROM's folder off of your TTDS completely.
  • Put the TTDS with your microSD back into your DS and start it up back up at least once.
  • Shut the DS down. Copy your ROM's folder back onto your microSD
  • Put the TTDS cart back into your DS and fire it up
  • Ta da! Sorted Rom's....

I have even found that just moving (cut/paste) the ROM's from one folder to another, and vice versa has the same effect to varying degrees of success.

I mention the ROM's folder because I have everything in its own respective folder, i.e:

Code: [Select]
/root/
     |
     /- audio
     /- dsorganize
     /- moonshl
     /- roms
     /- roms_2600
     /- roms_coleco
     /- roms_nds
     /- roms_snes
     /- roms_genesis
     /- TTMenu
     /- videos
     TTMENU.DAT
     SNEMUL.CFG

It is the /roms and /roms_nds that I will move (cut/paste) my ROM's from/to when I am trying to get quick sorts, like I mentioned above.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 01:38:50 AM by cdaters »

Offline Northernbloke

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 04:29:34 AM »
It's still a hassle and I believe an unneccesary one - the card should be able to sort the menu every time you add new roms - it's a basic user friendliness feature.

I paid only a few pounds more for my cycloneDS - nothing anywhere close to twice as much and I personally believe it's a much better card

Better build quality by far than ttds
Better menu structure - it sorts the files by the game title and displays a full title and icon for each game regardless of the actual filename - that makes it very simple to use and much more user friendly that TTDS

I'm keeping my TTDS in the hope that the firmware will be improved - but when any of my friends and family try both of my cards then so far they have all gone and bought Cyclones.

TTDS could be a much better product than it is currently - just my own humble opinion and I'm sure I'm not alone in that

Offline Jaker

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 09:12:26 PM »
I don't understand all the hassle about the sorting of the titles! You can put all the games you want on the card and then use a sorting application like DriveSort (freeware). You can find it here: http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php

No re-formatting, or even re-copying necessary.  ^-^

For those with other cards (cycloneDS etc ...). Good for you and good luck with your card, but this is the "TOPTOY DS (TTDS) zone"!!!

Greetings, Jaker

Offline chihikari

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 12:29:58 AM »
I have a problem with the game TAIKO 2 : 7-tsu no Shima no Daibouken
It keeps coming up with ERROR 7...?

Offline keeskoning

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 12:28:30 AM »
  * Upgrade cheat code library, up to 1981
  * Support the menu sleep function
  * Support use L to adjust the brightness in the menu

1.08 english version download:
http://www.neoflash.com/download/TTDS_English_Driver_V1.08.rar

1.08 chinese version download:
http://www.neoflash.com/download/TTDS_Chinese_Simplified_Driver_V1.08.rar

::sm-01::

Offline Haxime

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 08:47:13 PM »
can this be used on a normal TTDS ???
i mean the not NEO one.  ::sm-02::
I'm gonna buy :

TTDS (toptoy DS by neoflash)
R6 Xtreme 64G

NeoFlash rules

Offline kelv1969

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 10:56:09 PM »
i really don't like the ttds menu system. it is very sluggish, especially when you have over 80 games on a flash card. The roms aren't ordered and it takes ages to scroll down to the game you want to load. There is a slider, at the right hand side, so one can scroll, more quickly, through the list, but it is really awkward. I much prefer the R4's menu system. I will just use the tt when a game wont run on the r4. and will keep the games quantity to a minimum.

I do hope the ttds menu system gets completely redesigned soon. The r4's system is lovely. please create a more user friendly version guys. I note that the latest version is 17 months old. Is that correct? Seems a poor state of affairs.